Wednesday, November 19, 2008

take the bet...we'll give thWe wil give the Big 3... get out of jail free card and our $$$ to boot

Perspective for your consideration … What does it look like when it’s fixed…?

Like you, I too, have asked of myself, what is my feeling respecting a “bailout” of the Big 3 auto makers – GM – Ford – Chrysler … ?

The Arizona Republic reports in its 18 Nov 08 issue that such a bailout is unlikely, but I wouldn’t bet on it…?

Were I a Las Vegas “odds maker” I believe I would most likely bet the farm that in the final analysis the DC “beltway” politicians will wither under the pressure and provide to these folks a substantial bailout package after a round of BS designed to bam-foozle us…!

I do not doubt the current economic impact which the “auto-industry” has on the USA economy. As currently reported by statistics about 1 in every 10 of us is in some manner connected to the auto industry. A significant financial hit on domestic auto industry would indeed be another blow to our current precarious economy. Granting the auto “giants” carte-blanche bailout in line with the no strings attached bailout to “wall street” and the banks serves us even less.

I would be less than honest were I not to note part of me would like to spank the Big 3 for the greediness of upper mgt and the degree to which their product has polluted our environment. But that is grossly unfair on my part. Such a position indicates I choose to blame them for decisions I voluntarily made, though I would rather not admit.

Inasmuch as I believe a bailout package will be offered to the Big 3, I propose it includes at least the following if not more stipulations:

 Public ownership of the stock in their corporations – no gifts – loans only
 Public “oversight” of all aspects of their business
 Café standards of at the minimum of 40 MPG every vehicle every brand
 Make GM bring the EV 1 – (or equal) electric car back into production
 Development & production of electric vehicles by all mfr on the street by 2011
 Big 3 endorse – universal single payer health insurance
 Strict salary and benefits caps to all top mgt in all car companies based on average employee wages paid

In my judgment some of these same stipulations should be part of any public bailout of tax payer funds to any company no exceptions.

Do I actually believe such stipulations will be implemented – HELL – no as in our infinite wisdom “we” continue to permit the fox to guard the hen house, “we” never seem to learn.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

… People should never be afraid of their government, government should always be afraid of the people …

"Fascism ought more properly be called corporatism because it is the perfect merger of power between the corporation and the state." … Benito Mussolini

And let me be even a bit bolder, I am most willing to present and discuss any water issue before any audience in Arizona where open full disclosure and two way dialog is permitted.

Website address for Paul F. Miller’s blog …. http://energeticsynergy.blogspot.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home