Saturday, August 30, 2008

experiencing an epiphany

Perspective for your consideration…

Experiencing an epiphany . . .

Some time has passed since you last heard from me and for some this may have been a most welcomed reprieve. I want to take a few moments to first express to each of you my sincere thanks for gifting me with your feedback in all of its various shades and tones. Secondly, I want to note to anyone receiving any information from me that at any time you choose to stop receiving, just send me an email and I will honor your request. One note of caution, some who have in the past asked to be removed did so with an email address which I do not have or to which I am currently sending. So please be accountable for checking out that I have the email address you want deleted.

On Saturday – 16 August 08 – I concluded a seminar in the “valley” in which I experienced an epiphany of which I am still processing and integrating into my life. I have no doubt the direction my life and writing take will be appreciably different than the chapter I am closing.

For most of my life I have chosen to live behind a mask, not at all unlike that worn by Darth Vader only mine was far more impenetrable. When you are a 6 ft – 4 inch – holistic male with a highly evolved intuition attempting to function “normally” in an inherited male culture epitomized by John Wayne emotional range consisting of … show no emotion…real men don’t cry…suppress anger…you are isolated and live as the lone ranger. Couple this high intuition with a gifting of assisting others with energetic healing and now I am a mutant in American male society.

Many of you who receive my emails and blogs know me as someone who for the past many, many years has been perceived either as an avowed advocate and champion of the “little” people as having voice and being heard, an advocate for the holistic nature of water or a pain in the butt respecting ADEQ promulgation and implementation of rules and regulations affecting our state’s environment.

Allow me to say here and now, “we” and this most assuredly includes me will not achieve nor manifest the environment we perceive until we willingly commit to doing two things. One, we, and this unquestioningly includes me, choose to hear and choose to listen. Two, we, choose to make the time to obtain honest “buy-in” before we proceed to implement any rule or regulation affecting our environment. These two aspects require time and effort, which given our current commitment to instant gratification are polar extremes. So we need own we will continue to achieve and manifest and repeat, repeat and repeat the conditions of our current environment day after day, it will only change when we’ve had enough.

I have been a party to this creation, how about you…? The rules and regulations I had a hand in creating were merely band-aids covering a scab festering having been removed now exposed and raw. Repeatedly we have chosen to merely replace one band-aid with still another. The solution and resolution we know to be true may be ones that while extremely uncomfortable actually heals and may involve cauterizing, bringing extreme heat and burn. But from fear we choose to believe we can't do that, oh, yes we can and surely we will, when we’ve had enough. Though counter-intuitive to achieve the idealistic environment we seek, we need slow down. Then from this space ask the question … what does it look like when it’s fixed…? We are not able to do that when “speed” controls as it currently does.

So my goal is to offer you over time one man’s view of … what it looks like when it’s fixed…?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home