Monday, August 4, 2008

the conflict is between what is false and what is true

My friend, you and I shall remain strangers unto life,
And unto one another, and each unto himself,
Until the day when you shall speak and I shall listen
Deeming your voice my own voice;
And when I shall stand before you
Thinking myself standing before a mirror

Kahlil Gibran

In Apples of Gold … a passage reads …”there is no conflict between the old and the new, the conflict is between the false and the true” … which when I read it causes me to recall the current turmoil surrounding how we choose to hold – water – in all its many forms.

The conflict truly is, we do not know what is true and what is false. Water in American society and many industrialized nations around our Earth is held in truth to be nothing more than a commodity to be exploited for the profit it can manifest for a select few. A contrary few will hold it is false to believe and hold water not to be part of the “commons.”

Bringing this discussion closer to home, in Arizona, we choose to believe and see, water as decreed by ADEQ, ADWR, our Governor and the 90 mental midgets masquerading and parading as our State Legislature all sworn to “serve & protect” us – that’s you and me. For them there is no conflict as perfectly content are they to falsely convey to “us” the current conditions of all the sources of our water. Water for them is a commodity, one they exploit in whatever manner is in the moment needed to either protect their specific agency or used by our politicians to obtain funding for re-election of course.

But is this assessment thus far justifiable, that’s a notion worthy of our consideration, is it not…? It strikes me that long before I can determine what is false and what is true, to borrow a line from Gibran … “until the day when you shall speak and I shall listen” … in the unrelenting incessant sound which surrounds us 24/7, speaking only for me, I know I do not hear or listen to your voice, what say you…? How then from this perspective can I possible know whether what you say is false or true…? And in the profusion of this noise can you hear and are you honestly able to listen to me…? I don’t think so, what say you…?

Whenever the topic of – water – is up for discussion, we are unable to leave outside the room those things we staunchly hold to be true. There is no place in the culture of our contemporary education form for us to learn how to hear and listen. We haven’t the time, there’s too much to do, places to go, people to see. And besides you say, you’ve heard it all on Fox TV News or some other corporate giant media outlet. And there we have it, quite clearly and rather simply defined, we don’t know how to hear or how to listen, we haven’t a clue. It’s not a simple as it might at first blush seem. It’s not just politely sitting down and waiting (if you can) for your turn to speak. It requires and demands conscious effort of you and me to quiet our mind, to center our self, to open, really open to hearing not only your words, but what you intend. And all this without me attaching an immediate judgment to what you say. We’re not taught how to do this, so how can I be expected to honestly listen allowing you to speak…?

In a society based on immediacy, it is expected when you hear me talk that you immediately engage in evaluating, judging what you “think” I am saying, all the while you hear me not, nor I you. Most often what you “think” I said and what I actually did and meant are lost on you as you could not hear, you did not honestly listen. Arising from such a context is it not likely we will produce and promulgate the strangulating rules and laws about our water to which we so tenaciously cling…? How can we expect that a holistic understanding about water can be reached when I hear you not nor you, me…?

Though requiring choice we each need make, it is quite possible to achieve a holistic understanding about water, though as you most likely know by now, it requires thinking outside the box we have been lo these many years so persistently educated to hold.

To achieve such mastery suggest and possibly requires we develop and attain – attentiveness – on our part. The Chinese symbol for attentiveness represents the virtue and benefit of deep listening by responding to others “whole-heartedly” and honoring the lessons (treasures gleaned) to allow meaningful transformation. This suggests we listen, then contemplate honorably the words and the intention we hear, only then applying a holistic evaluation. For most of us, this is too far out, requires way too much time, and besides government agencies and politicians want solutions that are quick and can be articulated in a 30 second sound bite form, whether false or true matters not to them. Just make whatever is said easy to repeat that’s the goal. And given the speed to which we have been educated to believe all life conforms, we politely and robotically determine from these gratuitous sound bites what is false and what is true, though we hear not the words they speak nor hear or understand their underlying intentions.

It is quite amazing when you look around at the beliefs we have been educated to form. That water from your household tap is not safe. Yet the bottled water, you readily purchase at the store at an astronomical cost, though its source is often from that same water facet, you are educated to believe is safe and pure. The question you might choose to ask yourself, is it really…? I’ll leave that answer up to you.

While you’re contemplating your answer, you might choose to consider, that water from your facet and that from which many bottlers use, was once wastewater from your local sewer plant. Treated of course, but to what extent, do you know…? I find it mind boggling to contemplate the vast quantity of chemicals man has made and formulated since the beginning of time. Most of them, our science knows absolutely nothing about their affects – short or long term – upon the health of man. Moreover, we’ve not the current technology to eliminate them from the water you consume in any form. So even today from your facet unknown microbes enter and become part of us. Scared…? You need not be, don’t give into fear. There are number of actions you can choose to take. Sorry, but part of this is to see what form of accountability and responsibility you choose to take…?

It’s time for each of us to determine what about water is false and what is true… I am but one voice, you can easily choose to delete and throw away. I do invite you to make the time to learn and to discern for you what is false and what is true about all forms of water in your life.

Though off the chart for many of you, I would invite you to consider as a place to start reading these three books:
The True Power of Water … author …Masaru Emoto
Your Body’s Many Cries For Water … author … Dr. F. Batmanghelidj
The Water Wizard … author … Viktor Schauberger

In the final analysis it is solely up to each of you to determine for yourself, what is false and what is true about everything especially – water.

I claim no infallibility about any aspect of water. I do invite should you choose for you to contact me and I am most willing to discuss how what I am aware might be a guide for you. Whatever you choose to do, do it with open honest intention of serving self and others or do it not at all. Leave any and all of any negativity outside your door.

Strive to attain true attentiveness enabling you to discern what for you is false and what is true.

You have the power within you to begin right now, that choice and decision is solely yours to make.

Respectfully,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home