Monday, July 21, 2008

CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

11-29-06 – Arizona Daily Sun Flagstaff -

SNOWMAKING – SNOW BOWL – INDEGINOUS PEOPLE – 4 CORNERS POWER PLANT

Not long ago I wrote a piece taking umbrage with the snow making proposed for the Snow Bowl in the San Francisco Peak near Flagstaff. I remain steadfast in my belief that to choose to utilize sewage effluent on ground held sacred by indigenous people is unconscionable.

Recently while in Cortez, Colorado, I read an article decrying the proposal to build yet another coal fired electric generating facility in the 4 corners area. After doing some research, it appears one of the major principals in this new facility is the Navajo Nation.

I find their stance to be disingenuous, given their plea for understanding and support to stop the utilization of sewage effluent on their sacred ground near Flagstaff, but willingly proposing to add to degrading the air quality across the entire 4 corners area.

Bottom line, to the Navajo Nation, in my book, you can’t have it both ways.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home